I've always thought this particular type of cake was extremely popular, but every time I make it for someone else they're totally amazed. This is a super simple recipe, and one I learned directly from my mom.
Jello Punch Cake
1 white cake mix + ingredients listed on the back
1 small box of jell-o (I forgot to check what size!)
1/2 cup boiling or hot water*
1/2 cup cold water*
1 container cool whip
1. Bake the cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the box. Remove from the oven and let cool.
2. In a bowl, combine the jello with the hot water and stir until incorporated as much as possible.
3. Stir in the cold water.
4. Using the stick end of a wooden spoon, punch several holes across the cake. (Don't massacre the whole thing, but you want a good amount of holes too.)
5. Slowly pour the jello mixture over the top of the cake making sure to pour it in the holes you created.
6. Top with cool whip and spread evenly.
7. Refrigerate until well chilled.
Store any leftovers in the fridge.
*These measurements may not be exact. Check your jello box and only use half of the recommended amount of water. Mine called for 1 cup of hot and 1 cup of cold, so 1/2 of each. You can also use a larger box of jello using the same technique.
Happy Friday everyone!
Tatertots and Jello ♡ Polly Want a Crafter ♡ Lines Across My Face ♡ Sumo's Sweet Stuff ♡ Destination: Craft