Monday, July 16, 2012

What a Bunch of Animals!

At the zoo that is... ;) I had really high hopes i would actually post this last week like I said I would. Our life is a little discombobulated right now, so I hope you can forgive me for being so hit and miss right now.

Anywho, we DID go to the zoo last week, i just unfortunately didn't get many pictures of that. We weren't thinking and went on the discounted day to get in a little cheaper. Discount day in the middle of summer. Just sounds like trouble doesn't it? Needless to say, the zoo was packed and we had to park at least a half mile away because the parking lots, and roadsides, were packed. It also happened to be quite hot. Next time we're going in late fall when everyone is in school or something. ;)

Despite the craziness, it was a lot of fun! I thought I knew all the "typical" zoo animals, but they had some I hadn't ever heard of and it was neat to learn a little about them. We gave Xave an old disposable camera my mother-in-law had found in a random box and let him take pictures of the animals he liked best. We'll have to use up the rest of it and get it developed to see how good they actually are. (old school, right!?)

After the zoo we drove to a small splash truck we saw a video of online and had a blast. We decided we really need one of those here, but that probably isn't likely anytime soon. I did get some good pictures of that so check them out below. I'm posting with my phone for now and haven't figured out how or if I can put them anywhere other than the bottom. Kind of lame, but better than nothing. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Get out and explore your local (or not so local) area and try something new, or enjoy an old favorite! :)



No comments: