Friday, March 2, 2012

Food Friday: Shamrock Shakes

Happy Friday everyone! I'm still trying to recover from the excitement (and sugar!) of my baby shower last night, but wanted to share one of my favorite things about March! Shamrock Shakes. Yes, those silly green milkshakes from McDonald's that make their lovely appearance once a year as the March special flavor. Shamrock shakes and Burgerville's Chocolate Hazelnut shakes are both something I look forward too all year. I know how to make both of them, but restrain from making them so I don't gain a bajillion pounds.

My family doesn't seem to share the same enthusiasm for them as me, but if you're also a fanatic, here's a knock-off version from Brown Eyed Baker so you can make your own! They'd be great for a St. Patrick's Day Party too. :)

Shamrock Shake

Source: Brown Eyed Baker

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
Green food coloring

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and blended. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream if desired.


Photobucket

No comments: