Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

I swear my life has been on fast forward lately. We're suddenly in the midst of summer, my sweet boy will be 4 in a month and my little baby is 2 1/2 months old. How did that happen??

A few weeks ago was mi Madre's birthday, so I decided to make her the purse she requested a year ago. (oops!) My sewing machine has a broken part, so I borrowed my MIL's and went to work. It was obvious I hadn't sewn a bag in a while, and after much frustration and silly mistakes I finally got it done. (Phone pictures aren't the greatest. ;))




My brother and his wife were visiting last week so we went up to see them for a few days. Super fun! I watched the other kids while my parents took a mini vacation with them and also got the responsibility of picking up their new kitten, Snowflower. She's adorable!!! They moved to the country recently and need some mousers, and they definitely got that! Feisty but sweet . Check her out below too. :)

(Blurry again...)
It's been an exciting month! (or more...) So back to today! We went to a ceremony and breakfast at church this morning to celebrate Independence Day. Later on we're having a BBQ to celebrate the 4th and my hubby's very belated birthday. He read somewhere about a challenge/project for people to read the Declaration of Independence, so we'll be doing that tonight too. I think it's important to remember the real reasons for our holidays and not just eat lots of yummy foods. I hope you all have a fun and safe 4th!! :)

No comments: