Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Day Subway Art

What a crazy day! Today is my sister-in-laws birthday party. All morning I've been scrambling to make the cheesecake I was volunteered for (by my sweet husband) and get her present finished. Now that it's all done and nap time, I decided to take a break and share with you some subway art I did last week for Valentine's Day.

One of my favorite classes in high school was the semester of Graphic Arts I took. It was a super awesome class, and I got to do some awesome projects. Since then I've attempted to do them in word processors since that's all I had. Well, for Christmas I got my hubby Photoshop so he could have more fun with photography, which he loves. You can imagine my excitement when I realized that Photoshop was not just for editing photos, but could be used to make awesome things like subway art, labels, and so much more! 

This is the first time I've ever done subway art, or anything really, that could potentially be framed. So I learned the hard way that you need to leave enough space around the edges for framing. Luckily I had a larger frame and some cool paper to sort of mat it on. Turned out super cute I think! I think they'd make awesome cards too for that special someone. ;) They're formatted for a 5x7 print. My printer was out, so I had one printed at Walgreens to frame. I had to resave my file as a JPEG, so keep that in mind if you decide to have them printed by someone too. Hope you enjoy!!












Here's some pictures of the before and after too! The frame in the picture is the smaller frame that didn't end up working. Instead I used an 8"x10" frame from the dollar store, and painted it with just the red. Then I glued my print to the center of  8"x10" textured scrapbook paper. Fun and super easy!




Linking to:

No comments: